Moon machines

I was surprised by how dare-devil the guys at the Apollo missions were. Really navigating in outer space with super new technology, with no software tested in outer space... I mean, a lot of things could have gone wrong! It was amazing, as a matter of fact that it didn't. I don't know how anyone else felt about this video, but I was in shock when the astronauts got to the Dark Side of the Moon, with no communications what-so-ever with Earth, only by themselves and a never tested before software!

This story taught me a very important lesson in life: Always pursuit your dreams, aim high, and learn on the way. It's like the software engineers doing the navigation system, they didn't even have a piece of paper, or specifications on how is the entire system supposed to navigate. They didn't have any sort of navigation themselves. And yet, fifty years later, today in 2019 I'm still absolutely shocked about the stunt the whole Apollo mission pulled off.

They let engineers to do their way, and they did. I think, that in any challenge that life may face us, we should step back a bit, breath in, and then take the bull by the horns. This group of engineers had the guts to made software that had man lives in it's "hands", and they were let to do what they know best.

Still, fifty years later, I still think, when we'll we get back to outer space? We'll we ever get any farther than the moon? And how far can that be? And how hard are this challenges for engineering and science of today? How about quantum computing? Will it help? I don't really know the answers to any of this questions, but I'm excited to see how far we will get in a lifetime.


Diego Canizales Bollain Goytia
:)

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Who needs an architect?

Software Architecture: Laying the Foundations of Software Design

Who am I